Healthline Networks Launches New Solutions for Health Insurance Member Portals in Response to Healthcare Reform
Company's Medically Guided Semantic Technology Drives Improved User Experience and Empowers Plan Members to Take Control of Their Personal Healthcare
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - March 16, 2011 - Healthline Networks, the fastest growing provider of intelligent health information services, today announced a suite of innovative health information solutions that provide new ways for insurers to drive consumer behavior and adapt to the rapid changes resulting from healthcare reform. Healthline's industry leading technology platform will allow health plans to improve the functionality and user experience of their member portals to encourage consumers to actively engage in their healthcare, improve compliance and reduce costs.
Powered by Healthline's unique Medically-Guided™ semantic search technology, these new solutions provide health plans with the ability to offer enhanced member portal content and search-driven services to drive consumer engagement and behavior change. This includes tailored versions of Healthline's clinical applications, including SymptomSearch™, TreatmentSearch™, and DocSearch™, interactive tools, and medically reviewed content, providing health plan members with a complete decision support platform. Solutions include:
- Enhanced Portal Services: helps enable value-based healthcare and meet Health Reform regulatory requirements with a variety of features including translation services that convert CPT and ICD9 codes into consumer-friendly language, delivered via web applications that are plan-specific and personalized -- such as member specific pre-populated doctor lists or calls to action based on claims data -- and an integrated, enterprise-class content management system
- Healthline ContentPlus+™: increases member engagement and influences behavior by enhancing the customer's current health content (or content supplied by Healthline) with in-text navigation and contextually relevant, personalized tools and promotions
- Healthline SmartMessaging™: drives member engagement and compliance via care alert, medical claim, or event triggered messaging (email, mobile, text or web) offering personalized content and actionable information on the member portal
"Healthcare reform is driving significant change for both consumers and health plans," said Chris Tucher, senior vice president, Business Development at Healthline. "As mandates are implemented across the system to provide health coverage, millions of newly insured consumers are flooding the market. To attract and win these new customers, plans need to provide best-in-class tools to differentiate themselves from competitors and ultimately drive a better consumer experience."
Healthline Networks is the fastest growing provider of intelligent health information services, enabling 100 million consumers a month to make more confident, informed healthcare decisions. The company's proprietary consumer healthcare taxonomy, the largest of its kind, powers a suite of intelligent health search, content and advertising services. Combining advanced search technology with deep medical expertise, Healthline partners with a network of over 40 trusted destination sites that include publishers, portals, search engines, employers and health plans. Headquartered in San Francisco and ranked #54 in Deloitte's 2010 Technology Fast 500, Healthline is backed by Aetna, GE/NBC Peacock Fund, Investor Growth Capital, Kaiser Permanente, Reed Elsevier, U.S. News & World Report, and VantagePoint Venture Partners. For more information, visit http://www.healthline.com.
Jennifer Conway, Dotted Line Communications
SAN FRANCISCO, CA AND BARRINGTON, IL, MAY 10, 2011 - Healthline Networks, the fastest growing provider of intelligent health information services, and GE healthymagination, a $6 billion commitment to bring better health to more people, today announced the launch of Healthline BodyMaps, a new 3-D visual search tool for consumers. BodyMaps is an interactive human body that allows consumers to navigate male and female anatomy, view systems and organs down to their smallest parts and explore in detail how the body works. It transforms the body into a rich, visual learning platform with Medically Guided search capabilities and links to related information including videos, animations, learning centers and wellness guides. Healthline and GE healthymagination created BodyMaps in partnership with Visible Productions, which produced the 3-D modeling and graphics for the new search platform. BodyMaps will initially be available on Healthline.com.
The BodyMaps search platform includes the following:
- Interactive experience: 3-D modeling of the human anatomy; use a mouse to rotate, view and search body systems, organs and detailed cross-sections for information; watch animations of functions, even at the molecular level
- Search and find: Features 964 different views of the body; uses Healthline’s robust Medically Guided search platform; each page has clinically-reviewed content including in-depth learning centers, a vast video library, animations, articles, Staying Healthy wellness tips, GE medical images and links to more information
- High-quality 3-D images: The most rich, vibrant 3-D anatomical models available - created by Visible Productions, the company responsible for the detailed medical images featured on The Dr. Oz Show, ABC World News with Diane Sawyer, and Good Morning America
- Simplified health terms and definitions: Maps thousands of anatomical and clinical terms to simple consumer-friendly synonyms such as "knee cap" in place of "patella" or "tail bone" in place of "coccyx"
- Wellness and prevention tips: Targeted content to help users learn how to stay strong and healthy; for example, the coronary artery page features information on high cholesterol, related heart conditions, recommended cardiovascular exercise and heart healthy recipes
- Social Media Tools: Links for users to share any BodyMaps view or content
"A picture tells a thousand words and BodyMaps tells a powerful story about personal wellbeing," said West Shell III, chairman and chief executive officer of Healthline Networks, "It's unlike anything else on the web - BodyMaps uses 3-D models with our medically guided search to immediately connect consumers with information about their bodies and conditions in a personalized way. Consumers have a compelling new way to understand how the body works and visualize better health."
BodyMaps is free to consumers, widely accessible, and does not require any download or additional viewing applications. Future enhancements to BodyMaps will include mobile and tablet extensions, predictive views of what happens to the body based on human behavior, diseases and specific conditions, including topics like how the body changes during pregnancy, how cancer tumors grow and what happens as the body ages.
"Empowering patients to manage their own health is one of our healthymagination priorities. Improving the physician/patient dialog is an important step in helping patients to do this," said Michael Barber, vice president of healthymagination. "BodyMaps anatomical modeling brings both patients and physicians new tools to improve communication and overall healthcare."
"Doctors appreciate that the role of the patient has changed. They are smarter and more involved in their care, and they are using the Internet to research treatment options, learn about medications, and gain insights into information shared by their doctors," said Dr. Michael Roizen, author of the RealAge and YOU books, "Seeing is believing, and when it comes to understanding our bodies, seeing is learning. Patients can use innovative visuals like this to better manage their health."
The BodyMaps platform will be rolled out to a number of Healthline Networks partners in the second half of 2011 and is also available for licensing, integration into sites across the web, custom advertising solutions, and in-office applications for healthcare providers. BodyMaps can be found on Healthline.com
Healthline Networks is the fastest growing provider of intelligent health information services, enabling 100 million consumers a month to make more confident, informed healthcare decisions. The company's proprietary consumer healthcare taxonomy, the largest of its kind, powers a suite of intelligent health search, content and advertising services. Combining advanced search technology with deep medical expertise, Healthline partners with a network more than 50 trusted destination sites that include publishers, portals, search engines, employers and health plans. Headquartered in San Francisco and ranked #54 in Deloitte's 2010 Technology Fast 500, Healthline is backed by Aetna, GE/NBC Peacock Fund, Investor Growth Capital, Kaiser Permanente, Reed Elsevier, U.S. News & World Report, and VantagePoint Venture Partners. For more information, visit http://www.healthline.com.
GE is a diversified infrastructure, finance and media company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, and television programming, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs about 300,000 people worldwide. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.ge.com.
Healthymagination is GE’s $6 billion commitment that was launched in May 2009. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world. For more information, visit www.healthymagination.com.
About Visible Productions
Visible Productions creates 3-D medical animations and multimedia projects for a wide range of clients, including pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, and healthcare organizations. VP's medical animations and programs shine a light on concepts in a way that's impossible to convey by conventional means. Visible Productions' 3-D animations have been featured on several other broadcasts in addition to The Dr. Oz Show, including World News with Diane Sawyer, Good Morning America, and The Oprah Winfrey Show. For more information, visit www.visibleproductions.com
Jennifer Conway, Dotted Line Communications for Healthline Networks